Massage with bamboo
Bamboo massage is based on ancient Chinese beliefs about the five elements of life.
The Chinese medicine known as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is more than 4000 years old!
According to this view, all phenomena of life can be reduced to five elements.
They also describe the connection between external and internal events and the cycle of life.
The five elements also have a connection with the four compass
directions: north, east, south, and west. In addition, there is a connection with colors and
planets from the galaxy. The five elements are the following:
• Soil. This element is related to the middle, the brown color, and Saturn.
• Wood. Wood is connected to the east, blue and green, and Jupiter.
• Metal. This third element is the element of the west, white, and the planet Venus.
• Fire. Fire is connected to the south, red, and Mars.
• Water. Finally, this last element is connected to the north, black, and Mercury.
This form of massage comes from China, of course. Bamboo sticks can be used to work
deeper into the body during a massage. This results in the nerve endings in
superficial muscles and the skin becoming optimally stimulated.
Using these bamboo sticks and warm oil, the body can be brought into
deep relaxation, while the elimination of waste products is improved, and
blood circulation is stimulated. Because we are increasingly following our
wise teachers from the East, this new form of massage has also been brought to the rest of the world.